Coming back to the NIMCET Preparations, some subjects are clarified if practiced thoroughly. Subjects like Mathematics constructing 60% of the whole paper are only bypassed when practiced. A similar theory is applicable to subject like Aptitude And Reasoning. This subject gives 40% straight if solved well. Solving them needs a good practice of the related questions. The answer pattern of these questions does not change completely. Just the word formations change. Some casual tricks are used to solve these questions. If one knows these tricks, one can solve them easily. For this very reason, one needs to understand the question’s pattern.
For this simple reason, we are bringing the NIMCET Reasoning-based Direction Questions. It has the practiced questions of directions. Questions on Direction Sense typically involve a person traveling in a series of directions which involves several turns. There are 2 to 3 direction-based questions in Aptitude and Reasoning. These types of questions are to test the test-taker’s ability to trace, follow and find directions accurately. The article focus on understanding the different patterns of the questions. This can help one to adjust to the tricks, as well as develop one you own for solving it. This process will eventually evoke the Rote skills and enlarge them.
So let’s begin!!
- Ajay walks 24 km towards East and turns to right hand side and takes a drive of another 10 km. He then turning to his right (drives towards West) another 10 km. He then turns to his left & walks another 8 km. After that, he turns to his right & travels 14 km. How far is he from his initial point & in which direction?
Answer : 18 km South.
- Ajay drives 3 kilometres North. Then he turns right and drives 4 kilo metres. Now he turns right and drives 5 kilometres. Now turning left, he drives 2 kilometres. Again, he turns left and moves 2 kilometres. Finally turning left he again walks 2 kilometres. In which direction & how far is he from his starting position?
- Answer : 4 km East.
- I drove 50 km towards east from a city ‘S’ and then turned right and drove another 30 km. Now I turned to my left & drove another 30 km. Finally I turned my right & drove 30 km to reach a city ‘F’. Find the shortest straight distance between cities S and F. (hint : solve with Pythagoras theorem)
Answer : 100km.
- Ahmedabad is to the southwest of Bangalore, Chennai is to the east of Ahmedabad and southeast of Bangalore and Delhi is to the north of Chennai in line with Ahmedabad-Bangalore. In which direction of Bangalore is Delhi located?
Answer : East.
- In the evening, Ashmita started walking positioning his back towards the sun. After sometime, she turned left, then turned right and then towards the left again. In which direction is she going now?
Answer : North.
- One morning Udai and Vishal were talking to each other face to face at a crossing. If Vishal’s shadow was exactly to the left of Udai, which direction was Udai facing?
Answer : North.
- Each of the following questions is based on the following information:
1. Six flats on a floor in two rows facing North and South are allotted to P, Q, R, S, T and U.
2. Q gets a North facing flat and is not next to S.
3. S and U get diagonally opposite flats.
4. R next to U, gets a south facing flat and T gets North facing flat.
a. If the flats of P and T are interchanged then whose flat will be next to that of U?
b. Which of the following combination get south-facing flats?
c. The flats of which of the other pair than SU, is diagonally opposite to each other?
d. Whose flat is between Q and S?
- Two cars start from the opposite places of a main road, 150 km apart. First car runs for 25 km and takes a right turn and then runs 15 km. It then turns left and then runs for another 25 km and then takes the direction back to reach the main road. In the mean time, due to minor break down the other car has run only 35 km along the main road. What would be the distance between two cars at this point?
Answer : 65 Km.
- Dev, Kumar, Nilesh, Ankur and Pintu are standing facing to the North in a playground such as given below:
1. Kumar is at 40 m to the right of Ankur.
2. Dev is are 60 m in the south of Kumar.
3. Nilesh is at a distance of 25 m in the west of Ankur.
4. Pintu is at a distance of 90 m in the North of Dev.
a. Which one is in the North-East of the person who is to the left of Kumar?
b. If a boy starting from Nilesh, met to Ankur and then to Kumar and after this he to Dev and then to Pintu and whole the time he walked in a straight line, then how much total distance did he cover?
Answer: 215 m
- One morning sujata started to walk towards the Sun. After covering some distance she turned to right then again to the right and after covering some distance she again turns to the right. Now in which direction is she facing?
Answer : North.
- Some boys are sitting in three rows all facing North such that A is in the middle row. P is just to the right of A but in the same row. Q is just behind of P while R is in the North of A. In which direction of R is Q?
Answer : South – East.
- X and Y start moving towards each other from points A and B, which are 200m apart. After walking 60m, Y turns left and goes 20m, then he turns right and goes 40m. He then turns right again and comes back to the road on which he had started walking. If X and Y walk with the same speed, what is the distance between them?
Answer : 40 m
- A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and I are nine houses. C is 2km East of B. A is 1km North of B and H is 2km South of A. G is 1km West of H while D is 3km East of G. F is 2km North of G, I is situated just in the middle of B and C, while E is just in the middle of H and D. Find the distance between E and G.
Answer : 2km.
- A man is facing west. He turns 45° in the clockwise direction and then another 180° in the same direction and then 270° in the anti-clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
Answer : South – West.
- A child is looking for his father. He went 90 metres in the east before turning to his right. He went 20 metres before turning to his right again to look for his father at his uncle’s place 30 metres from this point. His father was not there. From there, he went 100 metres to his north before meeting his father in a street. How far did the son meet his father from the starting point?
Answer : 100 m
Hereby, we come to an end. We have tried to add all the patterns of NIMCET Direction based reasoning questions. Each one of them has a particular way to find answers. Following them could give you a good practice of Direction Questions in Reasoning.
Henceforth, if you find some difficulty; feel free to comment. Also, let us know about your suggestions for the next content. We will definitely include your topic and provide you the related analysis.
More Articles to Read
Keep Studying, Best of luck!