Hey there! Welcome to the newest post of geekstocode. Today we are up for something challenging. In other words, today we are here to discuss how to crack the Wipro Coding Test.
It is the most awaited coding test in our country with aspirants willing to work hard to get into Wipro through this.
Wipro offers The Wipro Coding Test which is the Wipro Elite National Level Talent hunt in its placement drive to hire freshers across India.
The National Level Talent Hunt test was held between 11th January 2021 to 17th January 2021. And it will be announced for the next year through the Wipro Elite NLTH Hiring Process for the next year.
The Wipro Elite NLTH Coding test is one of many opportunities offered by the tech giant for the engineering graduate student to join Wipro. Additionally, Wipro has planned to conduct these tests similar to TCS NQT 2021 to receive the best freshers in the country.
Therefore, going through our TCS NQT pages will also be helpful for you to prepare for this test.
Hence, without further ado let’s get to the bottom of this test. And how to ace this coding exam so you could make the best out of your career.
What is Wipro?
Being in the engineering field, you might already know Wipro. It is a well established technical giant in India. Basically, Wipro Limited is an Indian Multinational company that provides business process services, consulting and Information technology services.
It is one of the major corporations in India housing many employees and supporting the Indian technical industry to its best. In addition, Wipro Limited is a well known corporate internationally due to its quality services in the global market.
It was founded by Mr. Mohamed Hasham Premji in 1945 and has continued to grow since then.
Thus, considering landing in Wipro as your dream job is definitely beneficial for your career. It can provide a great work experience and career building opportunity.
Why Prepare for the Wipro Elite NLTH?
While preparing for such tests, the first question that comes into mind is Why should I prepare? But if you are considering preparing for the Wipro Elite NLTH, it is a very good choice. Since, you already know how prestigious it is to work for Wipro.
Additionally, it is a good opportunity for the freshers. As the package offered by Wipro might be comparatively higher than what was offered before.
Besides, one of the main reasons for Wipro to hold this newest series of placement tests is to select the bright talent across the country.
Moreover, Wipro has also increased the annual salaries of the freshers by Rs. 30,000. Thus, increasing a package of 3.2 lakh per annum to 3.5 lakh per annum. Which again adds up to the reasons you should try for this company.
And because this series of coding tests for fresh graduates is fairly new for a corporate giant like Wipro, it provides and easy way to secure a job at your dream company.
However, you have to put a little effort into preparing on how to crack the wipro coding test.
Patterns and Eligibility:
Eligibility for the Wipro Coding test:
As of Wipro Elite NLTH 2021, the eligibility criteria for the Wipro coding test is as follows:
Eligibility Graduation Criteria:
They would only consider full-time courses and not the part-time or Correspondence courses. Further graduation criteria is:
- You should be a BE/ B.tech in CS/IT/Circuital student.
- Passing out year for the 2021 Exam was 2021 but it might change according to the different graduation year for each year.
- You must have a 65% or equivalent CGPA as per the university guidelines.
- The institute you have pursued your degree in should be from and recognized by the state or central government.
Eligibility Academic Criteria:
- You must have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th (or diploma).
- The education gap of 3 years maximum is allowed between 10th and graduation.
- You must have all your arrears and backlogs cleared by the time of the selection process.
- And, all your exams should be finished by the time of the selection process.
- Additionally, you should not have any pending attendance requirements with the college.
They will not allow any candidate who has already participated in the interview process of Wipro within the last six months.
And, you are expected to have good communication and interpersonal skills along with good command over technical subjects.
Coding Test Pattern for Wipro
The most important step for every coding test held by the corporate sectors, is getting to know their patterns. Because this will help you to plan your study schedule and assess your skills beforehand.
So, let us look into the test pattern for the coding test for Wipro.
- The coding section will contain two problems that you have to solve within 60 minutes.
- You will have one easy and one medium difficulty level question.
- The languages allowed – C, C++, Java and Python.
- Solve one question completely or solve two with partial outputs.
- Furthermore, you won’t be provided with an adaptive test.
However, there are certain things you need to remember while appearing for this test.
First, implement the function signature that the editor has provided you with. Never try to change it under any circumstances.
The problem always provides a function, stick to it. Because if you try to change it, it might lead to unsuccessful compilation of the code.
Next, do not try and modify the pre-defined main function of the code.
You may define other functions but make sure that the signature will call your functions.
Include additional libraries if required.
The problem may use structures and pre processor directives such as macros.
Frequently Asked Coding Questions.
Now, when after the coding pattern, eligibility and some tips regarding the test. Let us go through the syllabus and some frequently asked coding questions to help you with your preparations.
Data Structure Concepts
- Arrays and Matrices 1 D Array
- Array Rotations
- Arrangements and Rearrangements of elements in an array
- Properties of matrices
- Inverting matrices
- Transpose of a matrix
- Linked List Basic Operations on Linked list
- Circular Linked list
- String Processing and manipulation Basic String operations
- Pattern searching
- Stack/ Queue Basic Stack Operations
- Basic Queue Operations
- Sorting and searching Linear and Binary Search
- Various Sorting concepts
Advanced Design and Analysis Techniques
- Greedy Algorithms Activity-Selection Problem
- Fractional Knapsack
- Minimum Spanning Trees Kruskal
- String Matching Naïve String-matching algorithm
- Divide and Conquer Sorting Algorithms
- Binary search
- Computational Geometry Line-Segment properties
- The intersection of the line segment
Hence, if you learn these concepts thoroughly, you can prepare well for the exam.
Some of the frequently asked questions:
There are some basic questions like, palindrome number, finding the prime number, Fibonacci series etc.
Then there are array questions like, sorting, searching. For example, Bubble sort, Selection sort, Linear Search, etc.
Similarly from numerical concepts there is finding the factorial problems, HCD and GCF, etc.
As you can see these are very basic level programming problems which you can easily have a hold on. Therefore, you need to brush up your basic coding techniques for this test.
How to Apply?
The application procedure was simple for the January exams. You just need to go to the Wipro Official website which provides all the information.
However, Wipro has yet to announce the date of Wipro Elite NLTH dates for the next year. You can keep checking up on their website to gather as much information as possible. The website will be an appropriate source to notify you about the exam.
How to Crack Wipro Coding Test
Since we have covered almost all important topics on the Wipro coding test, we need to know the preparation strategy. This list of some tips and tricks will help you map your preparation guide for the upcoming Wipro Coding Test.
- Make sure to have minimal knowledge about all the topics listed in the syllabus.
- Practice as many basic programming questions as possible. We already have a couple of questions already solved with detailed explanations on our website as well. Make sure to check them out.
- Go through previous years coding questions and solve them without fail.
- Then, maintain your speed by allotting a specific time while you solve the sample questions.
- Finally, remember to keep yourself up to date with the recent changes in syllabus and questioning trends.
In conclusion, Wipro Coding test is one in many tests that will help you land in your dream job. Preparing for these tests will boost your confidence in programming. Hence, give your best while trying to crack the Wipro Coding test. Follow the syllabus closely and practise as much as you can.
Most importantly, don’t be disheartened if you don’t crack the test. There are million other opportunities waiting for you.
Practice well and we wish you all the best!
See you in our next post.