If you are a competitive exams addict and are looking forward to cracking exams of RBI, SBI, IBPS, SSB, and other State exams, Go ahead reading; Because, This is a perfect article for peeps like you with bigger goals. For this time, we will be thoroughly discussing Data Representations Questions and Answers. Before that, we will be discussing important points about the same. But first, If you are here with a reason you will definitely know what is the essentiality of further matter. However, if you are new, we’ll let you know the importance. Just don’t worry and scroll further. There’s lots more to explore.
What Is Data Representation?
Answer: Data is a Technical word for information. Likewise, Wikipedia says, “Data are individual facts, statistics, or items of information, often numeric. One collects them via long and Short term research“. In other words, Data is a collection of Numerical and Condition values of any circumstance. On the other hand, Datum is its single component.
The raw form of data is not orthodox for understanding Concepts. However, the conversion of this data into graphs, tables, diagram images makes it easy to understand. This conversion is nothing but Data Representations.
For example, A thermometer reading from an outdoor Arctic location recording a tropical temperature. Observers then convert this reading into a table for further visualization.
Types Of Data:
Decimal Number System: Decimal Number System AKA Hindu-Arabic number system is a positional number system working 10 as the base. Accordingly, It requires 10 different numerals. In addition, it requires a Decimal point to show Decimal fractions.
Binary Number System: Binary Number System is a positional number system working 2 as the base. Firstly, It is a two-method mathematical system that uses only two symbols; typically 0 and 1. Secondly, The base-2 numeral system is a positional notation with a radix of 2.
Octal Number System: Octal Number system AKA Oct are positional number system working 8 as the base. It uses digits 0 to 7, that is to say, 10 uses 8 as Decimal, and 100 uses 64 as Decimal.
Hexadecimal Number System: Hexadecimal Number System is a positional number system working 16 as the base. This number system, therefore, has numbers from 0 to 15. A single unit should represent the two-digit as a result for them to exist in the numeral system.
To sum up the explanations, we begin the Questions. So, Let’s dig into Data Representation Questions and Answers.
- Conversion of a Decimal Number into it’s Octal equivalent require? Answer : Divide the Decimal number by 8.
2. The Base or Radix of the Decimal Number System is? Answer: 10.
3. How many bits equal to 1 byte? Answer: 8 bits.
4. Which is an invalid memory unit? Answer : IIB.
5. Which Binary Numbers are used in Binary Number System? Answer : 0 and 1.
6. How many bytes are 1GB equal to? Answer : 1024.
7. Which Binary numbers does RAM consist? Answer : 0s and 1s. 8. 1 TB is equal to how many GB’s? Answer : 1024.
9. How many bytes are equal to 1 MB? Answer : 2^20.
10. A gigabyte is approximately equal to? Answer : one billion bytes. 11. A single unit composing of small groups of bits is known as? Answer : byte.
12. Full form of BCD is? Answer : Binary Coded Decimal.
13. What is the System in which fractions are written by extending binary rotation is called? Answer : fixed Point Representation.
14. What is the maximum possible character set size in BCD code? Answer : Character set of 64.
15. Which codes represent bits? Answer : ASCII, BCD and EBCDIC.
16. What is the maximum possible Character set size in EBCDIC code? Answer : Character set of 256.
17. What does n represent in 2n? Answer : number of bits for each characters.
18. What is the number of bits in EBCDIC code for computing? Answer : eight bits.
19. Numbers written as base 16 are? Answer : Hexadecimal.
20. What are Pictures and graphs printed with the help of chosen characters are called? Answer : Graphics Characters.
21. The set of special character used by any system is differentiated as? Answer : Character Set.
22. The value written with mantissa and Exponent is called as? Answer : Floating point Numbers.
23. What is the maximum possible Character set size in ASCII code? Answer : Character set of 128.
24. Full form of EBCDIC is? Answer : extended BCD interchange code.
25. All types of decimal values and integers make the set of? Answer : Real Numbers.
26. What is the number of bits used in computing ASCII? Answer : Twenty Bits.
27. What are negatives and Positives represented as in Sign and Magnitude Method? Answer : 0 for Positive and 1 for Negative.
28. What is the sequence of grouped Binary digits represented as? Answer : Bit String.
29. Some characters that are used to control printing devices and help carrying special functions are termed as? Answer : Control Characters.
30. Binary integers that are formed by finding 1s complement and adding 1 to it are called? Answer : twos Complements.
So, That’s it for the 30 Data Representations Questions and Answers for today. Above all, We have brought this questions after lots of filtration. Hence, you can certainly rely on them for your preparation.
However, Ending here we won’t stop.
We’ll surely be bringing more of it so that you could practice. Consequently, Hope you’ll be happy practicing the given first.
In conclusion, we make some progress. In case of any questions feel free to comment it. Also, do add topics you want next. Subsequently, We will be waiting.
Meanwhile Keep Studying, Best of luck.